I had to google “Chairless Tuesday” to make sure it wasn’t already a thing, because in today’s world, everything is already a thing. Not Chairless Tuesday, however. And if it was, I’d still participate in it.
Participate in what? Chairless Tuesday, the new PX90/Dry January/hot fad. It’s a diet for your
I’ve fallen off the standing wagon, however, and have been a butt in
So, in an effort to course correct, I’m starting (tomorrow) Chairless Tuesdays. Every Tuesday, for the next year, I’m ditching the chair.
You might say to your self: “but it’s only 1 of 5 work days. Who cares?” — true, but it’s a building block, so maybe it will be more weekdays or more than a year… in the end!
Here’s the step by step:
- Every Tuesday, physically displace chair away from
- Stand and deliver!
- Sitting breaks permitted, as needed, but the chair can’t come back in the desk space.
- Leaning permitted, but try not to.
- Measure and manage your time — maybe chart it out for the world to see.
- Think about what awkward situations might arise in a chairless situation? There are lots and they keep me awake at night.
Who’s coming with me besides Flipper, here? (Insert Jerry Maguire GIF “Dorothy Boyd — Thank You”) (if you know how to embed a gif, pls advise)